Do you have a social media marketing plan for 2012?
Are you wondering if — and how — you should be using social media marketing to grow your business?
These 20 questions will help you get started with your social media marketing plan for 2012:
1. Do you have – or do you plan to develop – a comprehensive social media plan for your businesss?
2. How much time do you plan to allocate to social media marketing each week?
3. What is your monthly budget for social media?
4. Do you have a Facebook business page?
- If so, have you created a custom welcome page?
- Have you created an opt-in form on your Facebook page to collect names and email addresses of Facebook fans?
- How frequently do you (or will you) post to your Facebook page?
- How will you engage your Facebook fans through your Facebook page? What are the best kinds of information to share — and the best ways to share that information — through Facebook?
5. Have you claimed your Google Places page? Do you understand why you need to claim your Google Places page and how to complete your Google business profile to help you reach your target market?
6. Have you set up a Google Plus account? Do you have a Google Plus business page?
7. Have you set up a Google Plus business page? Do you know how Google Plus business pages differ from Facebook business pages?
- See questions as 4a – 4d above as they relate to Google Plus.
8. Have you set up a LinkedIn account?
- Have you joined any LinkedIn groups for purposes of growing your business?
- Do you understand LinkedIn etiquette and how to use LinkedIn for networking?
9. Have you set up a Twitter account?
- Will you link and automate your Twitter posts — or will your Twitter content differ from your Facebook, LinkedIn, Google Plus, and blog content?
- Do you understand Twitter etiquette?
10. Have you created business profiles in at least 10 other local business directories? Have you set up your profiles to link back to your website?
11. Do you have a website with a built-in blog?
- Do you blog regularly? How frequently?
- What kind of content will you develop through your blog?
- How will you structure your blog to cultivate relationships and convert prospects to customers?
12. Do you know what tools you can use to help you efficiently implement and manage your social media marketing campaigns?
13. Do you own a smartphone? Do you understand whether and how your target market is using smartphones and mobile phones to find and research competing businesses?
14. Do you know what a location-based check-in service is? Are you using services like Foursquare to encourage customers to check-in and raise awareness of your business within their circles of influence?
15. Do you use online services for special deals and coupons? (Groupon, Living Social, etc.)
16. Do you know what a QR code is?
- Do you have a QR code? Do know how to use QR codes to promote your business?
17. Is your business listed on Yelp?
18. Do you have a plan and process for encouraging online reviews from your best customers?
- Do you have a plan and process for letting prospects know how to find and read your online reviews?
- Do you prefer to discourage online reviews because you are afraid they can damage your reputation?
19. Are you using video to promote your business?
- How do customers and your target market find your videos?
- Do you know how to optimize your videos to maximize your visibility online?
20. Are you interested in learning more about:
- How to promote your business using social media?
- How to set up your Facebook Business Page and use it effectively to grow your business?
- How to make and post a video?
- How to create and manage a blog?
- How to set up and benefit from free business profiles on different social media sites?
What are your most pressing social media questions for 2012? Let me know – submit your questions and comments below and I’ll do my best to answer them in future posts.