Your company is unique. Therefore, your new website needs to be tailored to your specific needs, goals, and expectations.
We need to understand your business in order to develop an appropriate quote and scope of work for your new website.
The following questions will help you clarify your goals and objectives for your new website, and your answers to these questions will help us create an appropriate scope of work and quote for your project:
- How long have you been in business?
- How do you currently attract new customers to your business?
- Is there anything you are not currently doing to bring new business in that you would like to do more of?
- Are you required to be professionally licensed in order to conduct business legally? If so, do we need to publish your business license information on your website? Can you provide that information to us?
- What is your business address, phone number and email address?
- Do you work from home?
- Do customers come to you? Or do you go to your customers’ home or place of business?
- Who is your competition?
- Have you won any awards that you want to mention or feature on the website?
- Do you belong to any professional associations? If so, do you want to include those membership logos on your website?
- Do you have any social media accounts set up? Can you provide us with login information and URLs for each of your social media accounts?
- What is your sales cycle?
- What is the primary message that you want to communicate to your clients / customers?
- Do you have any published customer reviews or testimonials that can be included on the website?
- Do you have a convenient way to gather / collect customer reviews via your website?
- How many people work in your company?
- What do you sell?
- What is your list of services??
- What is your service area?
- What distinguishes or differentiates you from your competitors?
- What’s your tagline?
- Do you have a website now?
- What is your budget?
- What is your timeline for getting the website completed and launched? How critical is it to have the website completed and launched by a specified date?
- What problem do you expect the website to solve for you?
- What are your expectations for the website? Including how it will look, how it will function, how you will maintain it, and what results it will deliver for your business.
- What don’t you want?
- Do you have any examples of other websites you like and would like to emulate? Where can we find those examples?
- How many people will be participating / providing input into the website building process?
- Will you be the sole decision maker or is there a group/ committee making the decisions?
- If a group: How many people will be involved? How much time will they need to deliberate / make decisions at project milestones? How far along are you in the process?
- Have you worked with another designer before? Why are you not working with your previous designer?
- How involved do you like to be in the process?
- Is your site meant to be a lead generator or an online brochure??
- Who is writing the website content?
- If you sat at your computer and did a Google search which keyword(s) would you expect your site to show up for?
- Do you have images you want to use on the website? Are you able to provide those images to us? Do you have copyright to use those images?
- Do you have a logo?
- What color scheme do you have in mind?
- What is the best method of communication for you? Emails, Skype, in person, phone?
- What else do you need aside from a website?
- Do you have social media accounts??
- Do you plan on blogging?
- Do you want training on WordPress?
- Do you need a lead generating form set up on your website?
- Do you want me to customize templates in an email platform to match your web design? If so, what email platform are you using or do you plan to use? Will you be able to provide me with the login information for your email platform account?
- Are you interested in having us provide local search engine optimization services, Google adwords advertising and/or Facebook targeted advertising for your business?